A way to keep your Walmart benefits.
If you leave your job or are working reduced hours, you can extend your Walmart medical plan and pay the full cost yourself until you get new coverage.

Your benefits safety net.


Keep your coverage

Continue your medical,
dental, and vision coverage


Cover the cost

You’ll need to pay the
full cost of your coverage
directly to WageWorks.


Don’t wait!

You have 60 days

from the date you’re notified 

to sign up or you lose coverage.

How it works

COBRA lets you continue medical, dental, and vision coverage for yourself and your dependents after you lose eligibility for Walmart’s coverage, usually by leaving the company or working reduced hours.

The process starts when Walmart notifies our COBRA administrator, WageWorks, typically within 30 days after you lose coverage. Within 14 days after they’re notified, WageWorks will send a COBRA election notice to you and any eligible dependents at your last known address. You then have 60 days to enroll from the date you lost coverage or the date of the notice, whichever is later.


Your dependents can also become eligible for COBRA coverage due to divorce, legal separation, the end of a partnership, or a child's loss of dependent status also makes your dependents eligible for COBRA coverage. To enroll, you or your dependent must notify People Services yourself at 800-421-1362 within 60 days after the qualifying event.

Coverage lasts up to 18 months if you lose coverage, and up to 36 months if your dependents are affected by one of the events mentioned above. Your coverage may also be extended if a disability is involved.

If you’re wondering, “COBRA” stands for Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985, the law that established this program.

Enrollment and more

WageWorks, our COBRA administrator, will work directly with you directly when you sign up. WageWorks will also be your point of contact for as long as you’re enrolled. Contact them at 800-570-1863, or visit

Paying for benefits

Once you enroll, you or your dependents are responsible for paying 100% of the cost of benefits, plus a 2% administrative fee.


Monthly payments are due on the first day of each month. WageWorks will typically send you an invoice, but you’re still responsible for making your monthly payment even if you don’t receive one. Here’s how you can make your payments:

Leaving Walmart?
Make sure you’re eligible for COBRA. Call People Services at 800-421-1362.

More resources

Need help?

For COBRA help, call WageWorks at 800-570-1863.
For benefits questions, call People Services at 800-421-1362.

Contacts and info